Share Internet from Laptop to Phone: Setting Up a Wi-Fi Hotspot on Your Laptop
- Download and install the latest version of Connectify Hotspot on your PC or laptop.
- Give your Hotspot a Name (SSID) and Password.
- Press the ‘Start Hotspot’ button to share your Internet connection.
Share an Internet connection
- Wi-Fi: On the device, select your iPhone in the list of available Wi-Fi networks, then enter the password when asked.
- Bluetooth: On iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth, then turn on Bluetooth.
- USB: Connect iPhone to your computer using the cable that came with it.
If your laptop has Internet access from wireless, you can use Internet Connection Sharing on the laptop network adapter to share with the desktop.
- open the network control panel.
- change adapter settings.
- right click on the network adapter.
- select properties.
- the Sharing tab.
- and then check the box to allow sharing.
How to Tether an Internet Connection with an Android Phone
- Connect the phone to a computer or laptop by using the USB cable. The best success with this operation is when the computer is a PC running Windows.
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose More, and then choose Tethering & Mobile Hotspot.
- Place a check mark by the USB Tethering item. Internet tethering is activated.
Share the internet connection on Mac with other network users
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sharing, then select Internet Sharing.
- Click the “Share your connection from” pop-up menu, then choose the internet connection you want to share.
- Select how you want to share your internet connection in the “To computers using” list.
- Connect the Pi to PC’s ethernet port using a regular ethernet cable.
- Go to “Network Connections” on the Windows PC and select the “Wireless Network Connection”
- Right-click and select properties.
- Restart your PC.
- Now your Pi will obtain an IP address from your PC and can access internet through your PC.
How can I use my laptop as a wifi hotspot?
Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot.
- For Share my Internet connection from, choose the Internet connection you want to share.
- Select Edit > enter a new network name and password > Save.
- Turn on Share my Internet connection with other devices.
How can I share Internet from my laptop Windows 10?
To enable Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 10, please follow the steps below:
- Press Windows key + X to open the Power User menu and select Network Connections.
- Right-click the network adapter with an Internet connection (Ethernet or wireless network adapter), then select Properties.
- Click Sharing.
How can I share my laptop WIFI to mobile?
Share Internet with Data Cable Using USB Tethering:
Go to Smartphone Settings>>More>>Tethering & portable hotspot>>And tap to USB tethering toggle or checkbox to enable sharing Internet via USB cable. All the USB drivers will be automatically installed and your smartphone will start sharing Internet to PC-Laptop.