If your laptop has Internet access from wireless, you can use Internet Connection Sharing on the laptop network adapter to share with the desktop.
- open the network control panel.
- change adapter settings.
- right click on the network adapter.
- select properties.
- the Sharing tab.
- and then check the box to allow sharing.
How do I share Internet between computers?
Suggested clip 80 seconds
How to share internet connection between two computers – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How can I share Internet from my laptop Windows 10?
To enable Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 10, please follow the steps below:
- Press Windows key + X to open the Power User menu and select Network Connections.
- Right-click the network adapter with an Internet connection (Ethernet or wireless network adapter), then select Properties.
- Click Sharing.
6 Dec 2016
How do I connect my laptop to my PC WIFI?
Connect a PC to your wireless network
- Select the Network or icon in the notification area.
- In the list of networks, choose the network that you want to connect to, and then select Connect.
- Type the security key (often called the password).
- Follow additional instructions if there are any.
17 Oct 2017
How can I share files between two computers without Internet?
Click “Start” and select “Control Panel” on one computer. Click “View Network Status and Tasks” under Network and Internet. Click “Set Up a New Connection or Network” under Change Your Networking Settings. Select the “Set Up a Wireless Ad Hoc (Computer-to-Computer)” option and click “Next.”
How do I connect to a shared network?
Follow these steps to begin setting up the network:
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
- Under Network and Internet, click Choose Homegroup and sharing options.
- In the Homegroup settings window, click Change advanced sharing settings.
- Turn on network discovery and file and printer sharing.
- Click Save changes.
Can we share Internet from laptop to phone?
Share Internet from Laptop to Android Phone or iPhone
You can share Internet from a Windows laptop to the mobile devices via Wi-Fi. This way, any wired Ethernet, restricted Wi-Fi or cellular dongle connection can be shared with your iPhone or your Android smartphone.
How do I bridge my Internet connection?
How to create a Network Bridge on Windows 10
- Use the Windows key + X to open the Power User menu and select Network Connections.
- Select both, the network adapter that connects to the internet and the adapter you want to use in the bridge connection.
- Right-click the selection and click Bridge Connections.
How can I share my PC Internet to mobile?
It’s easy to do. Connect the USB cable that shipped with your phone to your computer, then plug it into the phone’s USB port. Next, on your Android device, open Settings > Network & internet > Hotspot & tethering. Tap the USB tethering option.
Can a laptop WiFi card work in a desktop?
for a mini pci-e to PCIe based one. The biggest problem you’re going to face is finding a compatible slot on your motherboard for the laptop’s WiFi card. It’s highly unlikely that there’ll be a compatible slot. It would be far simpler to buy a wireless USB adapter and use that.
Can I use my laptop as a router for my desktop?
You can either have two network cards or one network card and a wireless card. If you only have one network interface, you can’t convert your computer into a router. Also, on Windows computers, the process of setting up this router functionality is called Internet Connection Sharing.
How can I make my PC WiFi?
In order to connect a desktop or PC to Wi-Fi, you will need to make sure your desktop has a wireless network adapter. Check for the wireless network adapter by selecting the “Start” button, typing “device manager” in the search box, and selecting “Device Manager” when it appears.