How to Read Cell Phone SIM Memory
- Buy a SIM card reader.
- Remove your SIM card from your cell phone.
- Insert the SIM card into the SIM card reader.
- Connect your reader to your computer.
- Follow the prompts on your computer to read the memory on your SIM card.
Can I read a SIM card on my computer?
Yes, you can read the information on your SIM card. There are USB SIM card readers and software available for purchase – the Dekart SIM Card reader is one example. Once you have purchased a SIM card reader, simply place your SIM card inside, and insert the reader into a spare USB drive on your computer.
How do you put a SIM card in a laptop?
Insert the SIM card
- Turn off the computer, and then disconnect the AC adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Close the computer display and turn it over.
- Remove the battery.
- Insert the SIM card to the card slot until it clicks into place as shown in Fig. Note:
- Put the battery back.
How do laptop SIM cards work?
What is the use of a SIM card in a laptop? The reason is that some laptops are set up with cellular data capabilities. The SIM card allows access to the cellular network just like it would allow a phone access to the network. The SIM card has a number so it might work as a phone.