Follow these tips to make your laptop battery last longer.
- Activate battery saver mode.
- Unplugged unused peripherals.
- Plug it in before it dies.
- Keep your laptop out of hot and cold.
- Have enough RAM.
- Don’t keep your laptop plugged in.
- Turn down screen brightness.
- Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Is it bad to leave your laptop plugged in all the time?
Laptops are only as good as their batteries, however, and proper care of your battery is essential to making sure it retains a long life and charge. Leaving your laptop plugged in constantly is not bad for your battery, but you will need to be careful of other factors, such as heat, to prevent your battery from damage.
How do I preserve my laptop battery when not in use?
Latest posts by Michael Pietroforte (see all)
- Don’t store a battery that is almost empty.
- Don’t store a fully charged battery.
- Store the battery at a low temperature.
- Store the battery in a dry place.
- Check the battery state every now and then.
- Let the battery warm up a little before you put it back into your laptop.
How long do laptop batteries last?
between two and four years
What spoils laptop battery?
Why Your Laptop’s Battery Capacity Declines
Laptop batteries decline due to a number of factors. Heat, usage, age — all of these things are bad for batteries. Batteries will slowly die no matter what — even if you put your battery in a closet and never touched it, it would slowly lose capacity due to age.