How do you do a factory reset on a Compaq laptop?
How to Reset a Compaq Computer
- Click “Start” and click “Programs.”
- Open the “HP System Recovery” program.
- Press “OK” to reboot into recovery mode. Select “Advanced” options and press “Enter” to select the option to perform a “Destructive” recovery. This will automatically reset your computer to factory condition.
How do I wipe my Compaq laptop without a disk?
Factory restore Presario without CD
- Press the Power button to start the PC, and then press the f11 key when the standard BIOS prompts are displayed on the black screen.
- If the HP Recovery Manager can access the recovery partition on the hard drive, a prompt to backup the user files before beginning the recovery is displayed.
How do you restore a Windows 7 computer to factory settings?
Restore Windows 7 to factory settings
- Start the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At Advanced Boot Options, choose Repair Your Computer.
- Press Enter.
- Select a keyboard language and click Next.
- If prompted, login with an administrative account.