Press and hold down the ALT key on the left side of the keyboard.
On the numeric keypad, type the sequence of numbers (decimal code point value) that corresponds to the character you want to insert.
Release the ALT key.
How do you use Alt codes?
How to use Alt Codes for Special Characters, and Symbols
- Make sure that you switch on the Number Lock on your keyboard.
- Hold down the ALT key (left alt key).
- Type the alt code(you should use the numbers on the keypad, not the ones on top row) for the special character or symbol you want to get and release the ALT key.
How do you type Alt codes on a laptop without the Num Lock?
- You must engage the keypad. Find and hold the fn key and press the Num Lock key. On my laptop it is located on the Scroll Lock key. A little led bulb should light to show that the keypad function is engaged.
- Now you can type in the alt symbols ALT + Fn + MJ89 = ½ symbol.
How do I get special characters on my HP laptop?
- Find Alt code. Numeric Alt codes for symbols are listed in Alt codes list ☺♥♪ keyboard symbols.
- Enable Num Lk . You may need to simultaneously press [“FN” and ” Scr Lk “] keys.
- Hold down “Alt” key. Some laptops require you to hold both “Alt” and “FN” keys.
- Input Alt code of symbol on Keypad.
- Release all the keys.
How do you type accents on a laptop?
Android. Just like iOS, you can easily add accents to characters by holding your finger on the key you’d like to accent. You’ll see the same pop-up window, where you’ll need to slide your finger over to the character you’d like to use.13 Dec 2017