How do you change what happens when you close your laptop Windows 10?
Use the following steps to choose what your computer does when you close the lid:
- Type Control Panel in the search box.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Power Options.
- Click Choose what closing the lid does.
- Use the drop down boxes next to When I close the lid: to select your desired settings.
- Click Save Changes.
How do I change what my laptop does when I close it?
Click Start, choose Control Panel, and then choose System and Security. Choose Power Options and then select Choose What Closing the Lid Does from the left pane. The Power Option settings allow you to change your laptop’s reaction to closing the lid.
What happens when I close my laptop?
When you close your Windows laptop, it goes into Sleep mode by default. From there, you’ll be able to change the laptop lid close settings (when the laptop is charging or if its on battery), and set it to either sleep, hibernate, shutdown or do nothing. Select your desired settings and click OK.
How do I stop my laptop from shutting down when I close the lid?
How to Stop Laptop from Sleeping / Shutdown When Lid is Closed
- Open the Control Panel in Large icons view.
- Click the “Choose what closing the lid does” link in the left side panel.
- If the options are grayed out, you have to click the “Change settings that are currently unavailable” link at the top.
- Open the drop-down list next to the “When I close the lid” option.