How can I connect my printer to my laptop?
Add a Local Printer
- Connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable and turn it on.
- Open the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Click Devices.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- If Windows detects your printer, click on the name of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
Why is my printer not connecting to my computer?
If it is installed but doesn’t work, check the device’s manufacturer website for troubleshooting or driver updates. To connect to a local printer, plug in the printer’s USB cable to an available USB port on your computer, then turn on the printer. Driver software is needed for most printers to work properly.
How do I add a wireless printer to my laptop Windows 10?
How to connect your printer
- Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in “printer.”
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Turn on the printer.
- Refer to the manual to connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
- Hit Add a printer or scanner.
- Select the printer from the results.
- Click Add device.
How do I print from my HP laptop?
How to Print From an HP Laptop
- Attach the printer cable from the printer to the laptop if you choose to directly connect to the device.
- Turn on the computer if you attach the printer while it is off.
- Click the Windows Start button and select “Control Panel.” Double-click the “Printers” icon in the list of Control Panel icons.