How to Unlock a Gateway Computer
- Press the “Ctrl,” “Alt” and “Delete” keys on your keyboard simultaneously to unlock your Gateway computer.
- Type the last logged-on user’s login information and click “OK” if you see a locked computer message along with “Only domain/username or an administrator can unlock this computer.”
How do you bypass a password on a Gateway laptop?
Method 1: Reset Gateway Laptop Password with Reset Disk
First, you need to reboot your Gateway laptop to login on screen. Type in an incorrect password, it will shows Reset password. 2. Then click Reset Password, you will see Password reset Wizard screen like below.
How do I restore my Gateway laptop to factory settings without a password?
When start Gateway laptop, you should keep pressing “F8” when you see “Gateway” logo appear on the screen. Then you need to choose “Restore Computer” in the pop-up window, and system restore window will appear. You can just follow the default setting to get your Gateway laptop restore to factory settings.
How do I restore my Gateway computer?
To access the feature, shut down and then restart your computer, pressing the F8 key repeatedly once the Gateway BIOS logo appears on your screen. Use the Up and Down arrow keys to select Repair Your Computer and then follow the on-screen instructions to proceed through a full factory recovery.
How do you factory reset a computer that is locked?
Power on the computer and press F8 until the Advanced System Startup screen appears. Used the keys to select “Repair Your Computer,” and press “Enter.” Select your system recovery choice with the keys and press “Enter.” Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the recovery.
What do I do if I forgot my gateway password?
The default login username and password both are admin. If you or someone had changed them but you forget them now, the only way to access the modem/router is to reset the router to factory default settings. Note: If you reset the device, the device will return to factory defaults, you will lose all your settings.
How do I reset the administrator password on my Gateway laptop?
Step 3: Reset Gateway administrator password on laptop.
- Insert newly created USB Flash Drive and restart your Gateway laptop.
- Select Windows installation to remove the password, and then choose “Reset your password”.
- Choose “administrator” account, select “Remove the password” and click “Next” to proceed.
How do you bypass a password on a laptop?
Use the hidden administrator account
- Start up (or re-start) your computer and press F8 repeatedly.
- From the menu that appears, choose Safe Mode.
- Key in “Administrator” in Username (note the capital A), and leave the password blank.
- You should be logged in to safe mode.
- Go to Control Panel, then User Accounts.
How do I reset a forgotten password on my laptop?
Reset your password
- Select the Start button , select Control Panel, select User Accounts, select User Accounts, and then select Manage User Accounts.
- On the Users tab, under Users for this computer, select the user account name, and then select Reset Password.
How do you bypass a Windows password?
Press the Windows key + R to launch the Run command box. Type netplwiz and hit Enter. In the User Accounts dialog box, select the user you want to automatically log in to, and uncheck the option “Users must enter a user name and a password to use this computer”. Click OK.
How do I restore my Gateway computer without a disk?
Restore Gateway laptop in Windows safe mode
Start Gateway laptop, and when you see “Gateway” logo, keep on pressing F8. And choose “Restore Computer” in pop-up menu. System Restore window appears. Click Next and follow the wizard to restore the laptop to default settings.
How do I update my Gateway laptop?
To update your BIOS on your Gateway computer/laptop, you will first have to check which is the current version of BIOS on your system. Press the Windows key + R. In the run window dialog box, type msinfo32 and press Enter. A System Information window will open.
How do I access my Gateway recovery partition?
If your Gateway recovery partition is still intact and you can’t boot into Windows:
- Power on your computer.
- Press the following combination of keys at boot: Alt and F10.
- The Gateway Recovery Management software should load.
- Select Restore system from factory default.
- Click Next.
- Wait for the process to finish.