How can I make my Windows 8.1 laptop faster?
How to Speed Up Your Windows 8.1 Performance (best settings
- POWER OPTION. [00:25]
- DISABLE UNWANTED STARTUP PROGRAMS. [00:52]
- DEFRAGMENT AND OPTIMIZE DRIVES. [02:18]
- DELETE UNNECESSARY TEMPORARY FILES. [02:43]
- REDUCE RUN TIME SERVICE. [04:26]
How do I fix my slow Windows 8 laptop?
On Windows 8, 8.1, and 10, there’s now a startup manager in the Task Manager you can use to manage your startup programs. Right-click the taskbar and select “Task Manager” or press Ctrl+Shift+Escape to launch it. Click over to the Startup tab and disable startup applications you don’t need.
How do I make my laptop work faster?
Optimize Windows for better performance
- Try the Performance troubleshooter.
- Delete programs you never use.
- Limit how many programs run at startup.
- Clean up your hard disk.
- Run fewer programs at the same time.
- Turn off visual effects.
- Restart regularly.
- Change the size of virtual memory.
How can I fix a slow computer?
10 ways to fix a slow computer
- Uninstall unused programs. (AP)
- Delete temporary files. Whenever you use internet Explorer all your browsing history remains in the depths of your PC.
- Install a solid state drive. (Samsung)
- Get more hard drive storage. (WD)
- Stop unnecessary start ups.
- Get more RAM.
- Run a disk defragment.
- Run a disk clean-up.