How do I reset my Asus laptop to factory settings Windows 10?
Suggested clip · 70 seconds
Factory Reset Asus Laptop Windows 10 – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
The steps are:
- Start the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At Advanced Boot Options, choose Repair Your Computer.
- Press Enter.
- Select a keyboard language and click Next.
- If prompted, login with an administrative account.
- At the System Recovery Options, choose System Restore or Startup Repair (if this is available)
How do I factory reset my Asus laptop without logging in?
Way 3: Reset Asus laptop to factory settings without the password
- Start Asus laptop to the login page, press and hold the “Shift” key, and click on “Restart” at the same time.
- When your laptop restarts and boots to the Advanced options, select “Troubleshoot”.
- And then select “Reset your PC”.
How do you do a factory reset on a Asus laptop when laptop is locked?
- Power on or reboot your Asus device.
- Press F9 while the computer is booting up.
- Select Recover Windows to entire HD and press Enter.
- Press Y three times when asked if you are sure that you want to reset your computer.
- Approve the license agreement, then select your Language preference and click Next.
How do I restore my Asus desktop to factory settings?
To reset Asus PC to factory settings – Windows 8/8.1
- Move the pointer to the top-right corner of the screen, and select Settings.
- If want to remove all personal files and APPs, select Remove everything and reinstall Windows, click on Next, and then follow the on-screen instructions to finish the resetting process.
Does factory reset delete everything laptop?
Factory resets aren’t perfect. They don’t delete everything on the computer. The data will still exist on the hard drive. Such is the nature of hard drives that this type of erasure doesn’t mean getting rid of the data written to them, it just means the data can no longer be accessed by your system.
What button do you press to restore computer to factory settings?
How to Restore a Computer to Factory Settings Using the F Key
- Press the power button to turn on the computer or reboot it if it’s on already.
- Press and hold the “F8” key before the computer begins to boot if you only have one operating system loaded on your computer.
- Select “Repair Your Computer” using the up or down arrow key on the Advanced Boot Options screen that opens.
How can I restore my laptop to factory settings without a disc?
How to Reset Laptop to Factory Settings without Disc
- Main steps to factory reset laptop without disc:
- Step 1: Access to laptop, click Start and type in Recovery in Windows 7 search box.
- Step 2: Click Open System Restore” to run System Restore program.
- Step 3: Select a system restore point.
- Step 4: Confirm restore point and click “Finish” to start restore system settings.
How do I bypass the lock screen on my ASUS laptop?
Press “Shift + Alt + Del”, and select “Change a password”. Enter the current password, leave the New password and Confirm password text box blank, and then click on the Right arrow key to clear password from your Asus laptop.
How do I restart my Asus laptop when the screen is black?
Part 1: Common Ways to Fix Asus Laptop Black Screen After Startup
- Remove the battery and the AC adapter cable; press the power button a few times.
- Make sure the computer is clean and dry.
- Hold the F2 and the power button at the same time for one minute and release both of the button to see if it works.
How do you reset a locked laptop?
Power on the computer and press F8 until the Advanced System Startup screen appears. Used the keys to select “Repair Your Computer,” and press “Enter.” Select your system recovery choice with the keys and press “Enter.” Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the recovery.