You can connect your laptop to the Internet through a Wi-Fi connection if you have a wireless router connected to broadband Internet and an operating system that fully supports wireless networking, such as Windows 7, Vista or XP.
Here’s what to do: Temporarily plug a network cable into your laptop and wireless router.
How can I get Internet on my laptop anywhere?
Here’s how to get W-Fi without an internet service provider.
- Mobile Hotspot. The best way to make sure you have internet on your laptop at all times is to use a mobile hotspot.
- Tether Your Smartphone or Tablet.
- Find Public Wi-Fi.
- Wi-Fi USB Dongle.
- Share Someone’s Internet.
- 25 comments Write a Comment.
18 Feb 2019
How do I buy Internet for my laptop?
Besides heading to a wi-fi hotspot or Internet cafe for free Internet access, tethering is the least expensive option for getting Internet access on your laptop when you’re not at home. If you have multiple devices or want to share a mobile broadband connection, a mobile hotspot makes the most sense.10 Nov 2019
How do I enable Internet on my laptop?
The Wi-Fi adapter can also be enabled in the Control Panel, click the Network and Sharing Center option, then click the Change adapter settings link in the left navigation pane. Right-click the Wi-Fi adapter and select Enable.6 Mar 2020
How can I add WiFi to my laptop?
Connect to WiFi with Android OS
- Slide your finger down from the top of the screen to view the Settings menu.
- Tap and hold WiFi until the WiFi Settings page opens.
- Select the name (SSID) of your WiFi network from the list of available networks.
- Enter your WiFi password and then tap Connect to finish.