Luckily, you can fix it. Bill Detwiler gives you step-by-step instructions for replacing a broken laptop LCD panel.
The only sure way to do this is to remove the broken one.
- Remove the screen bezel.
- Remove the broken LCD panel.
- Install the new LCD panel.
- Test the new LCD panel and reinstall the bezel.
7 Sep 2012
How much does it cost to replace a laptop screen?
A dying or cracked display doesn’t mean your laptop is a paperweight. For most laptops, a screen replacement takes $80 and an hour of your time at most. If you’re a DIYer, replacing a broken laptop screen yourself is a great way to save cash, as most computer repair shops will quote you $150 to $300 for the job.9 Apr 2015
Where can I fix my cracked laptop screen?
Suggested clip 116 seconds
CNET How To – Replace a broken laptop screen – YouTube
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
Is it safe to use a laptop with a cracked screen?
If your screen has a hairline crack along the edge, you can continue to use your laptop as usual, though it’s probably a good idea to avoid moving it, closing it, or traveling with it, because any pressure on the screen can cause the crack to get bigger.11 May 2015
How do you fix a cracked screen?
How to Fix A Broken Phone Screen With Sugru
- Step 1: Spring Clean. First up, wipe and clean your screen with toilet paper.
- Step 2: Sellotape Around the Patch. Switch your phone on so you can see exactly where the display screen begins.
- Step 3: Apply Sugru Patch.
- Step 4: Ta-Da!
- Step 5: Waste Not Want Not.