How do I connect an Ethernet cable to my laptop?
How to Set Up Cable Internet With a PC
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the port on the cable modem labeled, “Internet” or “Ethernet.”
- Insert the Ethernet cable to the network port on your computer.
- Insert another Ethernet cable into the next available port on the router and connect the second end to a computer’s network port.
How do I connect to Ethernet?
- Locate the Ethernet port on your computer or laptop.
- Insert one end of the network cable into the Ethernet port, applying light pressure until you hear a click.
- Insert the other end of the network cable into one of the “LAN” or “Network” ports on the network router or hub.
How do I connect my laptop to Ethernet without Ethernet port?
In situations like these, if there is a wired Ethernet network available you can connect to it (even without the Ethernet port) using a USB 3.0, 3.1 or USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter. Plug the adapter into your laptop’s USB port and use a Cat5e/6 cable to connect the RJ45 end to the network.31 Oct 2018
How do I fix the Ethernet port on my laptop?
How to Repair an Ethernet Port on a Laptop
- Restart your computer.
- Click the “Start” menu and type “Device Manager” (without the quotes) in the search box.
- Scroll down the list of installed devices and locate the subheading “Network Adapters.” Double-click to expand its content.
- Right-click your Ethernet controller and choose “Properties.”
9 Feb 2017