How do I connect Ethernet to my laptop?
How to Set Up Cable Internet With a PC
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the port on the cable modem labeled, “Internet” or “Ethernet.”
- Insert the Ethernet cable to the network port on your computer.
- Insert another Ethernet cable into the next available port on the router and connect the second end to a computer’s network port.
How do I set up an Ethernet connection?
How to Set Up an Ethernet LAN
- Set up the router, hub or switch.
- Locate the Ethernet port on your computers.
- Connect an Ethernet cable between your computer and the network device.
- Turn on your computers and allow them to fully boot up.
- Complete the network setup on your computer.
Why isn’t my Ethernet cable working on my PC?
A wired connection should be simple plug-and-play, but all too often that’s not the case. If you’ve got working Wi-Fi but your wired ethernet connection is not working, the first thing to do is turn off the Wi-Fi. Right-click on the icon, go to Open Network and Internet Settings, then the Wi-Fi tab, and toggle off.
How do I find my Ethernet password Windows 10?
Find your Wi-Fi network password in Windows
On Windows 10, select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network and Sharing Center. On Windows 8.1 or 7, search for Network and, then select Network and Sharing Center from the list of results.