How can I connect my laptop to wireless Internet?
Connect a PC to your wireless network
- Select the Network or icon in the notification area.
- In the list of networks, choose the network that you want to connect to, and then select Connect.
- Type the security key (often called the password).
- Follow additional instructions if there are any.
17 Oct 2017
Why won’t my laptop connect to the Internet?
Restart your computer to clear up temporary software glitches and try connecting again. Check whether your WiFi is turned on or enabled on your device. Most laptops have a WiFi button or switch which, if turned off, could result in no internet access. Reposition your router or computer.19 Sep 2019
How do I connect my laptop to the Internet directly?
How to Set Up Cable Internet With a PC
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the port on the cable modem labeled, “Internet” or “Ethernet.”
- Insert the Ethernet cable to the network port on your computer.
- Insert another Ethernet cable into the next available port on the router and connect the second end to a computer’s network port.
How do laptops connect to Internet?
You can connect your laptop to the Internet through a Wi-Fi connection if you have a wireless router connected to broadband Internet and an operating system that fully supports wireless networking, such as Windows 7, Vista or XP. Here’s what to do: Temporarily plug a network cable into your laptop and wireless router.
Can I use my phone to get Internet on my laptop?
Android owners have three tethering options to share an internet connection with their PC, laptop, or tablet: Connect via Bluetooth. Use your phone as a wireless hotspot. Hook your phone to your computer via USB.
How do I fix my laptop Internet connection?
You can stop when you resolve the issue(s) you are having.
- Check the network icon (or wireless connection settings) to see if you have Internet access.
- Check for changes to proxy settings.
- Check the network cables if your computer is wired to the router.
- Reset your router.
- Check your firewall or security software.
How can I get Internet on my laptop without WiFi?
If you are not using a router, use a CAT5 cable to connect your computer directly to the modem. If you have dial-up, use a dial-up Internet cord, usually a phone cord, to connect your computer to the Internet source. Both a phone-size modem port and a CAT5 cable-sized modem port are located on the back of your laptop.
How do I connect to the Internet?
Press the “Menu” button and tap “Settings.” Select “Wireless & Networks” and tap “Wi-Fi Settings.” Tap the check box beside “Wi-Fi” to enable wireless Internet functionality. Select a wireless network from the list displayed below the “Wi-Fi” check box to initiate a connection.