How can I reset my Dell laptop bios password?
Tip 1: Reset/remove BIOS password on Dell laptop normally
- Power on your computer, press F2 key several times when Dell logo appears.
- When get into BIOS settings, locate to Security menu, find Supervisor Password or (Administrator Password), press Enter.
- Type in the command:
How do I reset my administrator password on my Dell laptop?
Click “Manage User Accounts” and enter the local user account administrator password if prompted. Click the “Users” tab and click your user account under Users for this computer. Click the “Reset Password” button. Enter your new password, then enter it again in the confirmation box.
What is the Dell default admin password?
Every computer has a default administrator password for the BIOS. Dell computers use the default password “Dell.” If that does not work, do a quick inquiry of friends or family members that have used the computer recently.
How do I reset my BIOS administrator password?
To reset the password, unplug the PC, open the cabinet and remove the CMOS battery for approx. 15-30 minutes and then put it back. It’ll reset all BIOS settings as well as the password and you’ll need to re-enter all settings. If it fails, then try to remove the battery for at least one hour.
How do you reset a Dell laptop BIOS?
For most Dell laptops and desktops, the key is F2. Once loaded, depending on BIOS age and type, you can reset the defaults by either using F9 key to Load Defaults (Shown as an option at the bottom of the screen), the Alt + F key combination, or the Load Defaults button shown on the screen, to load the factory defaults.
How do you reset the BIOS?
To reset the BIOS by replacing the CMOS battery, follow these steps instead:
- Shutdown your computer.
- Remove the power cord to make sure that your computer receives no power.
- Make sure you’re grounded.
- Find the battery on your motherboard.
- Remove it.
- Wait 5 to 10 minutes.
- Put the battery back in.
- Power on your computer.
How do I reset my Dell BIOS Admin password?
To reset a BIOS password for your Desktop computer, open the computer and remove the password jumper from the system board (Figure 1). Figure 1: Remove the jumper to reset the password. Position of the password reset jumper may vary. Refer to the Service Manual for your Dell computer.
How can I reset my laptop without the admin password?
Part 3: Factory Reset on Dell Windows XP Laptop without Password
- Restart your Dell computer and then keep pressing “ctrl + F11” till you see Dell logo appearing and disappearing.
- Click on “restore and then “confirm”.
- Resetting process will begin.
- Once the process is completed, click “finish”.
How do I factory reset my computer without administrator password?
Way 1: Factory Reset Windows 7 without Administrator Password
- Step 1: Power on the laptop or PC.
- Step 2: Then, select the Repair your Computer option and press Enter.
- Step 3: In the next screen, they will ask you for the information such as username and password.
What is the password of BIOS?
A BIOS password is authentication information that is sometimes required to log into a computer’s basic input/output system (BIOS) before the machine will boot up. In some computers, a small battery attached to the motherboard maintains the memory when the computer is off.
What is Windows default admin password?
For example, if admin credentials are needed to access a secure part of Windows or to install a program, it would be helpful to have a default admin password. Unfortunately, there is no real default Windows password.
How do I get my administrator password?
Method 1 – Reset password from another Administrator account:
- Log on to Windows by using an Administrator account that has a password that you remember.
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- In the Open box, type “control userpasswords2″.
- Click Ok.
- Click the user account that you forgot the password for.
- Click Reset Password.