How do I restore a Dell laptop to factory settings?
Hard Reset Dell Laptop
- Restart your computer by clicking Start > arrow next to the Lock button > Restart.
- As the computer restarts, press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.
- Note: You must press F8 before the Windows logo appears on the screen.
6 Feb 2020
How do I wipe my Dell computer clean and start over?
Access the same Reset this PC function in the system settings and select Get Started. Choose Remove Everything to wipe the computer. You will have the option to only delete your files or to delete everything and clean the entire drive. After the process is completed, the computer will restart with a fresh drive.
How do I restore my Dell laptop to factory settings Windows 10?
Reinstall Windows 10 to the Dell factory image using the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)
- Click Start.
- Select Reset this PC (System Setting).
- Under Advanced Startup, select Restart now.
- At the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
- Select Factory Image Restore.
3 Mar 2020
How do you wipe a Dell laptop?
Click the “Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition” option and click “Next” to wipe the hard drive on your Dell laptop. Click “Finish” once the restoration is complete to restart your computer.