- Click Start.
- Type device manager into the Search box. In the Device Manager, expand Mice and other pointing devices. IDG. Look for your mouse in the Device Manager, to disable its touchpad.
- Right-click the touchpad’s entry. In the menu that pops up, click Disable.
- Confirm your choice in the pop-up window.
Can you turn off the trackpad on a laptop?
New laptop computers either have a physical on/off button to easily disable the touch pad or there’s an icon in the system tray that lets you manage the various settings of the touchpad. If you don’t have that icon, you can go to Control Panel – > Mouse Properties – > Touch Pad to enable or disable the touchpad.
How do I disable the touchpad on my laptop in Windows 10?
Method 1: Disable the touchpad in Settings
- Open the Start Menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- In the left pane of the window, click on Touchpad.
- In the right pane of the window, locate a toggle right under Touchpad, and turn this toggle Off.
- Close the Settings window.
How do I disable my trackpad?
How to disable touchpad when mouse is connected using Control Panel
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Hardware and Sound.
- Under “Devices and Printers,” click on Mouse.
- On the “Device Settings” tab, clear the Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached option.
How do I turn off the touchpad on an HP laptop?
The device properties are available through the “Control Panel.” To turn the touchpad off, click “Start” and then “Control Panel.” Double-click the “Mouse” settings. Click the “Device Settings” tab, and click “Disable” to disable the touchpad. You can select “Enable” to use it again.