How to Set Up Cable Internet With a PC
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the port on the cable modem labeled, “Internet” or “Ethernet.”
- Insert the Ethernet cable to the network port on your computer.
- Insert another Ethernet cable into the next available port on the router and connect the second end to a computer’s network port.
How do I connect Ethernet to my laptop?
Insert one end of the crossover cable into the laptop’s Ethernet port. Either end of the cable can be used for either computer. Put the free end of the crossover cable into the port on the PC’s Ethernet adapter. Click the Windows “Start” button on the laptop.
How can I connect my laptop to the Internet without Ethernet?
In situations like these, if there is a wired Ethernet network available you can connect to it (even without the Ethernet port) using a USB 3.0, 3.1 or USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter. Plug the adapter into your laptop’s USB port and use a Cat5e/6 cable to connect the RJ45 end to the network.31 Oct 2018
How do I set up an Ethernet connection?
How to Set Up an Ethernet LAN
- Set up the router, hub or switch.
- Locate the Ethernet port on your computers.
- Connect an Ethernet cable between your computer and the network device.
- Turn on your computers and allow them to fully boot up.
- Complete the network setup on your computer.