How do I connect my laptop to a wired printer?
- Locate your printer cable.
- Make sure you buy the right cable.
- Plug one end of the cable into your printer.
- Plug the other end of the cable into your laptop.
- Install any software that came with the printer.
- Make sure your printer is plugged into a power source.
How do I connect my HP printer to my laptop?
Connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable.
- Make sure your computer is turned on and connected to the Internet.
- Turn on the printer.
- Connect a USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer , and then to the computer.
Why is my printer not connecting to my computer?
If it is installed but doesn’t work, check the device’s manufacturer website for troubleshooting or driver updates. To connect to a local printer, plug in the printer’s USB cable to an available USB port on your computer, then turn on the printer. Driver software is needed for most printers to work properly.
How do I connect my laptop to my printer via USB?
Power on both the laptop and the printer and log in to Windows if necessary. Locate an available USB port on the laptop. USB ports are small, flat and rectangular, with a protruding pin running along the top half. Plug one end of the USB cable into the available port, making sure it is firmly attached.