Clean laptop keys that you have removed with a microfiber cloth or cotton swab moistened with rubbing alcohol.
After you clean the keyboard keys, clean under the keyboard keys and allow the areas to dry.
You can then simply pop the keys back into place and they should work normally without sticking.
How can I clean my laptop keyboard without keys?
If you’re cleaning the built-in keyboard on a laptop, power down the entire laptop. Now turn the keyboard over and gently shake it to remove food crumbs and other debris. Then use a can of compressed air, available in most office supply stores, to gently blow away any remaining dust and particles.13 Aug 2019
Can you remove laptop keys?
To remove the keycap from a keyboard, place your finger nail, small flat-head screwdriver, or knife under a corner of the key and gently pry it up. In many situations, the key only snaps out partially. If the keycap is still attached to the laptop, use your fingers to remove the keycap completely.24 Jan 2018
How do I clean under my MacBook keys?
How to clean the keyboard of your MacBook or MacBook Pro
- Hold your Mac notebook at a 75-degree angle, so it’s not quite vertical.
- Use compressed air to spray the keyboard, or just the affected keys, in a left-to-right motion.
- Rotate your Mac notebook to its right side and spray the keyboard again, from left to right.
7 Jun 2017
How do I clean under the keys on my Chromebook?
Cleaning your Chromebook’s keyboard
- A blunt knife- such as a butter knife (a screwdriver works too)
- Compressed air (also known as “canned air”)
- 70% Isopropyl alcohol (also known as rubbing alcohol)
- A microfiber cloth or semi-abrasive cloth, depending on how dirty your keys are.
6 Aug 2016