Take a screenshot on Windows
- To capture the entire screen (everything you see on the screen, including all open windows), press the PrtScn button.
- Alternatively, to capture just the active or foremost window, press Alt+PrtScn.
- If you want to select a portion of your screen to grab, hit Windows+Shift+S.
To take a quick screenshot of the active window, use the keyboard shortcut Alt + PrtScn. This will snap your currently active window and copy the screenshot to the clipboard. You’ll need to open the shot in an image editor to save it.How to Take and Print a Screenshot With Windows 7
- Open Snipping Tool. Press Esc and then open the menu you would like to capture.
- Pres Ctrl+Print Scrn.
- Click on the arrow next to New and select Free-form, Rectangular, Window or Full-screen.
- Take a snip of the menu.
Taking a Screenshot in Windows 8
Switch to the Start Screen and launch your app of choice. To take a screenshot, hold down the Windows key and press the PrtScn (Print Screen) button on your keyboard.To take a screenshot of an active window (the window currently in use) on your HP computer:
- Press the Alt key and the Print Screen or PrtScn key on your keyboard at the same time.
- Open an image editor (like the Paint app or Photoshop), then paste the screenshot to it.
How to capture a portion of the screen
- Press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 4.
- Drag the crosshair to select the area of the screen to capture.
- To take the screenshot, release your mouse or trackpad button.
- If you see a thumbnail in the corner of your screen, click it to edit the screenshot.
How do you screenshot on a Windows laptop?
Use the keyboard shortcut: Alt + PrtScn
You can also take screenshots of the active window. Open the window that you want to capture and press Alt + PrtScn on your keyboard. The screenshot is saved to the clipboard.
How do I take a screenshot with Windows 10?
How to take a screenshot on Windows 10 with the PrtScn key
- Press PrtScn. This copies the entire screen to the clipboard.
- Press Alt + PrtScn. This copies the active window to the clipboard, which you can paste into another program.
- Press the Windows key + Shift + S.
- Press the Windows key + PrtScn.
How do you take a screenshot on a HP laptop?
There are two operating systems for HP tablets: Windows and Android. To take screenshot on these devices, you just need to press and hold the Power button and the Volume down button at the same time for 2 seconds. There will be a flash on the screen indicating that the screenshot is taken.
Where do you find screenshots on laptop?
Saving screenshots to a file in the Screenshots folder. There are a couple of commands that save the screenshots directly into an image file (e.g., pressing Windows + PrtScn on the keyboard). When you do this, the files are saved in the Screenshots folder found in your Pictures library.