How do I wipe my Dell computer clean and start over?
Access the same Reset this PC function in the system settings and select Get Started.
Choose Remove Everything to wipe the computer.
You will have the option to only delete your files or to delete everything and clean the entire drive.
After the process is completed, the computer will restart with a fresh drive.
How do I completely format my Dell laptop?
Method 2 of 3: Using the Dell Computer Repair Drive
- Restart your computer. Click Start.
- Open the “Advanced Boot Options” menu.
- Select Repair Your Computer and press ↵ Enter .
- Select a language.
- Log into your account.
- Click Dell Factory Image Restore when prompted.
- Click Next.
- Confirm your decision to format the computer.
How do I reformat my Dell laptop Windows 10?
Suggested clip · 103 seconds
How to Run System Restore Windows 10 (Official Dell Tech Support
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do you force a laptop to format?
Solution 4. Format Laptop Without Windows Installation USB/CD
- Start your computer, then press F8 or F11 before Windows loads.
- Click “Next” to enter System Recovery. There are two options for choose.
- The utility will complete the formatting and restart your laptop. Just wait patiently until the last.
How do I set my Dell computer back to factory settings?
Press the < Down Arrow > on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press < Enter >. Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next. Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK. Click Dell Factory Image Restore.
How do I set my Dell laptop back to factory settings?
Restoring to Factory Settings
- Click on the “Desktop” tile. Mouse over the upper right corner to access the Charms bar, and then choose “Search.”
- Select “Apps” and “Dell Backup and Recovery.” Click the “Recovery” button.
- Choose “System Recovery,” then “Yes” and then “Continue.” Click on “Factory Image.”
How do I restore Windows 7 to factory settings without a disk?
How to Reset Windows 7 to Factory Settings without Install Disc
- Click Start, then choose Control Panel.
- Next choose Backup and Restore.
- In the Backup and Restore window, click on the Recover system settings or your computer link.
- Next, choose Advanced recovery methods.
How do I wipe my Dell computer without a password?
Part 3: Factory Reset on Dell Windows XP Laptop without Password
- Restart your Dell computer and then keep pressing “ctrl + F11” till you see Dell logo appearing and disappearing.
- Click on “restore and then “confirm”.
- Resetting process will begin.
- Once the process is completed, click “finish”.
How can I do format my computer?
How to Format a Computer
- Turn on your computer so that Windows starts normally, insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, and then shut down your computer.
- Restart your computer.
- Press any key when prompted, and then follow the instructions that appear.
How do I do a system restore from startup?
Using the installation disk
- Restart your computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key to boot into the Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Select Repair your computer.
- Press Enter.
- Select your keyboard language.
- Click Next.
- Login as an administrator.
- At the System Recovery Options screen, click on System Restore.
Does a factory image restore delete everything?
Factory resets aren’t perfect. They don’t delete everything on the computer. The data will still exist on the hard drive. Such is the nature of hard drives that this type of erasure doesn’t mean getting rid of the data written to them, it just means the data can no longer be accessed by your system.
How do I boot up in safe mode?
Step 1: Restart in safe mode
- Press and hold your device’s Power button.
- On your screen, touch and hold Power off. . Tap OK.
- After you see “Safe mode” at the bottom of your screen, wait to see if the problem goes away.