How do I keep my laptop running when I close the lid Windows 10?
Windows 10: Change what the screen does when you close the lid
- Type Control Panel in the search box.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Power Options.
- Click Choose what closing the lid does.
- Use the drop down boxes next to When I close the lid: to select your desired settings.
- Click Save Changes.
How do I keep my laptop running when I close the lid?
Run laptop with lid closed without shutting down or hibernating
- To close the laptop lid and keep it running, go to Control Panel ( Run –> Control )
- In the Control Panel, go to Hardware and Sound –> Power Options.
- From the left hand menu, select “Choose what closing the lid does”.
Why doesn’t my laptop go to sleep when I close the lid?
On the left-hand side of the Power Options screen, you’ll see an option that says Choose what closing the lid does. Click it. From there, select the behavior you’d like your PC to use when closing the lid. In the drop down menu, select the action you’d prefer: Do Nothing, Sleep, Hibernate, and Shut down.