Just do a RESET.
Shut down your HP Stream.
Then PRESS the POWER button while you hold down the SHIFT key.
This will get you to the RESET settings.16 Aug 2017
How do you factory reset a HP Stream laptop?
Use the following steps to reset your computer from the Start screen:
- Swipe in from the right edge to open the Charms menu and then tap Settings.
- Tap Change PC Settings, tap Update and recovery, and then tap Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap Get started.
- On the Reset your PC screen, tap Next.
How do I factory reset my HP Stream laptop Windows 10?
Resetting Windows 10 When Your HP Computer Does Not Boot
- Restart your computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly. The Choose an option screen opens.
- Click Start . While holding down the Shift key, click Power, and then select Restart.
How do I wipe clean my HP laptop?
To do this, you need to open the Choose an option screen.
- Start your computer and press the F11 key repeatedly.
- On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- Click Reset your PC.
- On the Reset your PC screen, click Next.
- Read and respond to any screens that open.
- Wait while Windows resets your computer.
How do I bypass password on HP Stream laptop?
To reset your password:
- Click this link: Reset your password.
- Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
- Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account.
- Enter the characters you see on the screen.
- Click Next.
Why can’t I reset my HP Stream laptop?
The Reset option and Safe Mode options can only be found within Windows 10 Advanced Startup Options. Found at Settings > Update Security > Recovery > Advanced Startup. Reset is quite often, PWR on and Repeatedly press F11. On small storage models this function is not available if there is insufficient space to proceed.
Does a hard reset erase everything on HP laptop?
A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer’s memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.
How do I completely reset my laptop?
Suggested clip 120 seconds
How to Factory (Hard) Reset a Laptop or Reinstall Windows 10, 8 or
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do I restore my computer to factory settings?
The steps are:
- Start the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At Advanced Boot Options, choose Repair Your Computer.
- Press Enter.
- Select a keyboard language and click Next.
- If prompted, login with an administrative account.
- At the System Recovery Options, choose System Restore or Startup Repair (if this is available)