How to Reset a Compaq Computer
- Click “Start” and click “Programs.”
- Open the “HP System Recovery” program.
- Press “OK” to reboot into recovery mode. Select “Advanced” options and press “Enter” to select the option to perform a “Destructive” recovery. This will automatically reset your computer to factory condition.
How do I reset my Compaq laptop to factory settings HP?
Turn on the computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly, about once every second, until Recovery Manager opens. Next. An Advanced options screen opens. Select Recover your computer to its original factory condition, and then click Next.
How do I restore my Compaq laptop to factory settings windows 7?
If you can’t boot into Windows 7
- Turn off the computer and disconnect all peripherals: scanners, printers, card readers etc.
- Turn on the computer.
- Press the F11 key repeatedly before the Compaq logo appears.
- At the I need help immediately section, select System Recovery.
How do I wipe my Compaq laptop without a disk?
Factory restore Presario without CD
- Press the Power button to start the PC, and then press the f11 key when the standard BIOS prompts are displayed on the black screen.
- If the HP Recovery Manager can access the recovery partition on the hard drive, a prompt to backup the user files before beginning the recovery is displayed.
How do you reset a Compaq laptop without the password?
Step 1: Restart your computer, press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” two times, then enter the administrator name and password if you know the password, if you don’t, leave it blank, click “Ok”. Step 2: Start to reset the password by pressing “Win+R” and type control user passwords 2 and hit “Enter”.28 Feb 2013