How do I get my computer to recognize my printer?
Add a Local Printer
- Connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable and turn it on.
- Open the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Click Devices.
- Click Add a printer or scanner.
- If Windows detects your printer, click on the name of the printer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
Why is my printer not connecting to my computer?
If it is installed but doesn’t work, check the device’s manufacturer website for troubleshooting or driver updates. To connect to a local printer, plug in the printer’s USB cable to an available USB port on your computer, then turn on the printer. Driver software is needed for most printers to work properly.
How do I connect my HP printer to my laptop?
Connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable.
- Make sure your computer is turned on and connected to the Internet.
- Turn on the printer.
- Connect a USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer , and then to the computer.
How do I add a printer to my computer?
Most Android phones have printing capabilities built in, but if your device isn’t giving you an option to connect, you’ll have to download the Google Cloud Print app.
- First, open Cortana and type in Printer.
- Select Add a Printer or Scanner.
- Now you should be able to print with ease.